Ad Categories:


#4978 Colt S/A, 7-1/2”x45COLT, 117XXX(1886) with factory letter

Description

#4978 Colt S/A, 7-1/2”x45COLT, 117XXX(1886) with factory letter showing shipment to H.A. Lyon in Sioux City, Iowa (might be worth some investigation but I doubt it). The bore is about Fine (8 on a scale of 10) and a good action with all four clicks on the hammer and a tight lock-up. The metal is dark grayish and has considerable pitting on much of the surface, approx 70%, and varies from spots of heavy pitting all the way down to smooth metal on the remaining 30% of the surface. The Eagle hard rubber grips appear to be decent replacements, fitting very well, but have too much condition for a rough old Thumb-Buster like this gun is. Suffice to say this old cannon has had some “upgrading” over the years, and while not a high-end piece, it IS, after all, a Colt Single Action and does have a $150 factory letter that comes with it, and it has a good bore! About G+/VG as described. $2495





















Price: $2,495.00


Ad Details

Ad ID

3775

Ad Expires

07/15/2017 (in 20 days)

Ad Created

06/07/2017

General Details

Seller

Tom Burness   View Feedback

Seller Rating

01234

Seller Policies

Show Policies

Ads in category Ads from seller Print this ad

Other Ads from Tom Burness

#4579 New Haven Arms 1860 (AKA “Henry Rifle”), 44RF, 8XXX serial range
#4980 Colt SA 7-1/2”x44WCF, 52XXX range (1879), VG/VG+ bore
#4935  Winchester 1886 Sporting Rifle, OBFMCB 40/82WCF with a fine bore
#2103 Sharps Model 1851 “Box-Lock” Round Barreled Sporting Rifle, 28”x90-bore percussion
#4668 Springfield 1881 Trapdoor “Forager”, 20ga shotgun
#4797 Savage 1860 Navy, 36-caliber percussion 7-1/8” barrel
#1527 Simeon North Model 1819 Flintlock military pistol, smoothbored 54caliber 10” barrel
#4938 Winchester 1873 RBFMCB, First Model 44/40 w/mortised dustcover.
#4759 Winchester 1885 “Hi-Wall”. 30”x38/55xNo.3 octagon barrel, serial range 30XXX
#4905 Colt 1849 Pocket Model, 152XXX(1857), 4” barrel, iron strapped
#4849 Otis Smith spur triggered 32RF five shot revolver
#2023 Smith ( Poultney & Trimble) Civil War carbine, 50cal
#4924 Winchester 1873 OBFMCB 38WCF, 3rd Variation , 297XXX (1888)
#4594 Winchester 1866-SRC  (AKA, “The Yellow Boy”) 44RF with a very decent bore
#3633 Spencer New Model 1865 RIFLE, 30”x56/50RF with a decent bore